Swimming & diving

UNC swimmer Joe Kinderwater earned first-team All-America honors and set a new UNC record in the 1650-yard freestyle this weekend in the NCAA championships. His time of 14:46.06 placed him eighth overall.

Teammate Chip Peterson earned honorable-mention All-America in the same event with a 10th-place finish and a time of 14:49.78.

The Tar Heels finished in 26th place with 23 team points.

Women's golf

In a Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic shortened to only one round due to rain the Tar Heels women's golf team finished in a tie for fourth place with a 16-over-par 304.

Freshman Catherine O'Donnell and junior Kate Thomas finished in a tie for fifth in the individual standings with two-over-par 74s followed by senior Lauren Hunt's five-over 77 for a tie in 30th place.

Tournament officials canceled Friday and Saturday's rounds because of the weather conditions.

UNC finished six strokes behind winner Auburn.

Women's tennis

The No. 18 UNC women's tennis team swept its ACC opponents in College Park Md. this weekend with a 7-0 win against Maryland and a 6-1 score against Boston College.

Sunday against Maryland UNC's doubles teams defeated their opponents cleanly before winning all six singles matches all in two sets.

Boston College put up a bit more of a fight but the Tar Heels dropped only seven games on the way to taking the doubles point and lost only one singles matchup on a tiebreak.

Women's crew

The North Carolina rowing team won four of five races against George Mason on Sunday at the Occuquan Reservoir wrapping up a weekend in which the Tar Heels won six of their eight races in Washington D.C.

After placing second in their spring opener last weekend the Tar Heels won all but two of their races against GMU George Washington and Georgetown on this weekend's trip to D.C.

The Tar Heels head to Tuscaloosa Ala. for their next competition against Alabama and SMU.