Baseball

Dustin Ackley hit two homers on top of four runs as No. 5 North Carolina beat No. 3 Georgia Tech 13-10 in the series finale Sunday in Atlanta.

The Tar Heels (24-7 9-5 ACC) took two of three on the weekend with pitcher Alex White allowing two runs in eight innings on Friday — a 4-2 UNC victory.

The Yellow Jackets got to North Carolina's bullpen late Saturday. GT scored three runs in the bottom of the ninth to tie before Jason Haniger hit a walk-off grand slam in extra innings.

Center fielder Mike Cavasinni had five hits for the weekend while third baseman Kyle Seager tied a school record with four doubles in Sunday's win.

Men's tennis

After upsetting No. 26 Virginia Tech 4-3 on Friday the Tar Heels lost 7-0 to top-ranked Virginia on Sunday.

In Friday's win Clay Donato and Taylor Fogleman led the team with victories in both doubles and singles play.

Fogleman won the final point for the Tar Heels clinching the match with a 6-4 victory at No. 2 singles.

No. 39 North Carolina was not as fortunate against the Cavaliers two days later.

UNC managed the upset in doubles play as No. 27 Clay Donato and Taylor Fogleman beat 14th-ranked Dominic Inglot and Michael Shabaz 8-5. But UVa. won the other two doubles matches and won the team point.

Donato nearly defeated Inglot in singles. The junior went to a third set tiebreaker before falling to Virginia's No. 1 singles player.

Freshman Brennan Boyajian found success in singles play as well. Like Donato he forced a third set before eventually falling 7-5 2-6 7-6(2).

Women's lacrosse

Junior Kristen Taylor led the Tar Heels with six goals this weekend as No. 4 UNC defeated two ranked opponents in the ACC/American Lacrosse Conference Challenge in Columbus Ohio.

North Carolina (11-2) took down Ohio State and Penn State with scores of 10-8 and 11-7 respectively.

Midfielder Jenn Russell recorded four goals in the two games and Corey Donohoe added two goals against the Nittany Lions on Sunday.

The win was the Tar Heels' eighth consecutive. They have not lost in the last month.

Women's golf

North Carolina finished in fourth with a team score of 900 at the Bryan National Collegiate. 

After leading the tournament with a Saturday round of 294 to put them in second overall place the Tar Heels slipped Sunday.

Freshman Catherine O'Donnell led UNC during the weekend — finishing with a total of 220. Her performance gave her an individual placing of fifth.

Her classmate Allie White tied for 20th while senior Lauren Hunt tied for 25th with teammate Sydney Crane.