Someone broke into a 2004 silver Volvo parked in a lot between 11 p.m. Friday and 2 p.m. Sunday at 316 Rosemary St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a backpack worth $60, a $50 calculator and $700 worth of textbooks. The person also did $200 worth of damage to the car, reports state.

Someone broke into a 2001 burgundy PT Cruiser between 9:27 a.m. Sunday and 2:17 a.m. Monday at 1301 Fordham Boulevard, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a GPS worth $250 and did $200 worth of damage to the car.

Someone broke into a car between 9:30 p.m. Friday and 1:43 a.m. Saturday at 150 W. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.The person stole a laptop worth $2,000, a computer case worth $30 and a Bluetooth mouse worth $40, reports state.

Someone broke into a 1999 black Chevrolet between 1 a.m. and 2:30 a.m. Monday at 204 Pinegate Circle, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a stereo worth $250 and a laptop worth $400. The person broke the rear passenger window, resulting in $200 worth of damage and did $50 of damage to the dashboard, reports state.

Someone broke into and took items from a car between noon Thursday and 6:55 p.m. Saturday, according to Carrboro police reports. The victim said he did not know where or when the larceny may have occurred, but said it might have happened outside his home at 114 Ruth St., reports state. There were no signs of forced entry, reports state.

Someone left scratches on the trunk of a car between 10 p.m. Saturday and noon Sunday at a parking lot at 401 N.C. 54, Carrboro police reports state. Somebody placed something on the trunk lid to cause the scratches, reports state. The victim said she was not aware of anyone with an intent to injure her property, reports state.