Someone tried to use counterfeit money to buy beer between  3:10 p.m. and 3:17 p.m. Saturday at R&H Mini Mart at 117 Old Durham Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone stole a cell phone between 9 p.m. and 9:36 p.m. Saturday at Subway at 400 Market St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The Apple iPhone was worth $400, reports state.

Someone stole a hat at 10:18 a.m. Saturday at Chapel Hill Bookstore at 119 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The Carolina football hat was worth $16, reports state.

Someone broke into a black 2002 Honda Civic between 3 a.m. and 9:16 a.m. Saturday at 306 McMasters St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.  The person broke the window of a car and stole a GPS unit worth $450, reports state.

Someone stole a blue 2000 Volkswagen Golf between 6 p.m. Saturday and 9:19 a.m. Sunday at 5639 Old Durham Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The car was worth $1,000, reports state.

Someone threatened a person and then stole her beer at 4:45 p.m. Saturday at 426 W. Cameron Ave., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The beer was worth $3, reports state.

Someone stole lemonade at 9:05 p.m. Sunday at BSki’s at 147 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The lemonade was worth $1, reports state.

Someone stole $50 cash and a debit card from a purse between  12:30 a.m. and 2:45 a.m. Saturday  at 529 Hillsborough St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Police conducted three K9 narcotics sniffs of automobiles between Friday and Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.