Braindead undead

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

It’s everyone’s favorite time of year: “Humans vs. Zombies” season. Chapel Hill is flooded with Nerf guns, bandanas and, for some reason, socks. Hopefully, someone will have the good sense to make a “Humans vs. ‘Humans vs. Zombies’” game, the goal of which is to eradicate the foolishness from campus.

Chickenscratch

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

According to the News & Observer, Wide Receiver Erik Highsmith was caught plagiarizing a blog post about poultry for one of his classes from an essay written by four 11-year-olds on an education website. This may seem ill-advised, but combined, those kids have over 44 years of writing experience!

Drug money

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

Despite currently languishing in an Argentine prison cell on drug smuggling charges, UNC professor Paul Frampton has written a letter to Provost Carney asking for a pay raise. Regardless of his guilt or innocence, you HAVE to admire the cojones it takes to do that. Then again, what’s he got to lose?

This too shall pass

Fall break is such a tease. You spend all of October counting down the days till Fall break as you bug out about your stupid Chem exam for the umpteenth time. And, finally, Fall break is here! But then, just like that, it’s gone. And, as you trudge back into Davis, all you can think is, “Just 27 days ‘til Thanksgiving.”

Bedeviled

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Saturday, the Tar Heels somehow lost to perennial ACC bottom-dweller Duke at Wallace Wade Stadium in Durham. For the first time since 2003, Duke has wrested the Victory Bell from Carolina hands. Way to go, Duke. You beat us in the one year that we can’t play in the post-season anyway. We’ll try to contain our sadness.

Let’s get digital

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

This week, Newsweek announced plans to cease all print publication and publish only digital content. While it’s sad that you’ll now have one fewer option when waiting to see your dermatologist, this is just an aberration, right? I mean, this isn’t a sign of things to come, right? Print media still matters, right?! RIGHT?!