Marcus Holman’s legendary career in the making

Senior attackman Marcus Holman of the No. 6 North Carolina men’s lacrosse team is just two regular season games and one more playoff run away from the end of his collegiate career at UNC.

Though the amount of time left for Holman is shrinking, the legacy he’s leaving behind has grown with every game. Here are some of his career accomplishments:

• Having scored a goal in 26 straight games, Holman has one of the top-five longest active scoring streaks in the nation. And with at least one assist in 23 of those 26 games, Holman has proven that he’s more than just a scorer — he’s a leader on the field.
  • Last year, in his junior campaign, the UNC captain recorded 74 points, putting him just above recent graduate Billy Bitter as the third-best season by a Tar Heel in terms of points.
  • With 53 points in 11 games so far, Holman is on pace to break his mark from last season despite facing what coach Joe Breschi likes to call the toughest strength of schedule in the nation.
  • One hundred eighty-six career points make Holman one of the top 10 point getters in UNC history, and leaves him with a chance at being the second player in UNC’s history to reach 200 points.
  • The All-American currently ranks third all-time as a Tar Heel goal scorer.
  • Seventeen goals short of Bert Fett’s all-time mark, Holman is one strong playoff run away from possibly the Tar Heels’ all-time leading goal scorer.
  • Holman is one assist away from matching Billy Bitter for eighth most assists in UNC history.
  • One hundred eleven goals and 75 career assists make Holman ninth among active players in both categories, showing that the Tar Heel’s skill isn’t limited to UNC’s record books.
  • Being ninth in the country in both assists and goals makes Holman fourth among active players in the NCAA in career points.

For one of the greatest lacrosse players in the history of UNC, those stats aren’t even on the radar come game time. He’s thinking about something bigger and better.

“The only things I want personally are an ACC championship and a national championship,” Holman said.

Contact the desk editor at sports@dailytarheel.com.