Now that school is under way and UNC’s club sports are back in action, The Daily Tar Heel has all the updates. Let’s take a look at what they’re up to.
Men’s water polo tournament: The men’s water polo team started off its fall season finishing 4-0 at the first CWPA conference tournament at UNC’s Kessing Outdoor Pool this weekend. The Tar Heels dominated Virginia and N.C. State on Saturday, winning both games by 12 goals, with eight different players scoring in each game. Sunday, UNC took down Duke 12-6 with balanced scoring on offense. Goalie Steve Sinclair posted 12 saves. In a physical final game against Virginia Tech, the Tar Heels pulled away late to beat the Hokies 15-8.
Women’s soccer White:
- September 8th: Beat Duke 3-0, Coastal Carolina 1-0 (conference games)
- September 15th: Beat William & Mary 3-0 (goals by Brennan Ehlinger, Caroline Durham, and Bela Barreto), beat VCU 8-0 (eight goals by seven different players) (conference games)
- Team is undefeated with shutouts all four games.
- Next game is September 20th vs. N.C. State.
- September 8: Beat UNC-Charlotte 6-3, tied N.C. State 0-0 (conference games)
- September 16: Beat High Point 10-2, tied Duke 1-1 (conference games)
Cross Country: Both the men and the women won their conference meet, beating Duke, N.C. State, James Madison, Clemson, Georgia, UNC-Greensboro and Wake Forest. The women earned a perfect score, led by Chelsea Weiermiller and Alyssa Vassalo, who broke 18 minutes for the 5k race. The top men for UNC were Daniel Peters, Fadi Hanna, Brian Shields and Levi Rolles, who broke 16 minutes for the 5k race. The men defeated Wake Forest, Duke, JMU and N.C. State. The next race is the UVa. Invitational September 21st.