College Republicans are misguided

It made my day to see Nate Pencook whining about how student government wasn’t giving the College Republicans enough of a handout.

Everyone can appreciate the irony, right? It’s typical for the right wing to cry discrimination whenever they don’t get what they want, but insist on “fiscal responsibility” when it comes to denying resources to the disadvantaged and oppressed.

In Monday’s letter to the editor, Pencook feigned confusion about the connection between less funding and “across-the-board cuts.”

I wonder where those funding cuts came from? Oh right! It was the Republican-led state legislature. Maybe Pencook really is confused though, because he thinks we should all be concerned with “the gridlock plaguing our government.”

Also, listen up Republicans and Democrats — I hate to break it to you but the UNControllables don’t have a liberal bias. Come on, we’re hosting a Radical Rush Week.

We don’t want piecemeal reform; we want to do away with all systems of oppression and exploitation right now. We harbor no love for right wing reaction, but to be clear anarchists are against all forms of government and domination. Sorry if that doesn’t fit into your horror fantasy of a vast liberal conspiracy on campus, but it’s really not like that.

We don’t even get off-campus funding! That’s something the College Republicans can’t say.

James Hoopes ’15
Mathematics
UNControllables