Police make arrest in Rosemary shooting

Police have obtained warrants for attempted first degree murder for Dennis Junious Clark. He weighs about 150 pounds and is 5 foot, 7 inches tall.

Chapel Hill police have made an arrest in connection with a shooting that occurred on West Rosemary Street Friday night.

Dennis Junious Clark, 23, turned himself in after a warrant was issued for his arrest in connection with the shooting.

The warrant was issued Saturday morning, according to a press release from the department.

Clark was arrested and charged with one count of attempted first-degree murder after he turned himself in at the Orange County Jail Monday afternoon.

He is being held on a $500,000 bond at Orange County Jail, Lt. Donnie Rhoads said in a phone call Monday night.

The shooting occurred at the 300 block of West Rosemary Street around 6:30 p.m. Friday, said Chapel Hill Police Department spokesman Lt. Kevin Gunter in a press release last week.

A Chapel Hill police report Friday says officers responded to a shooting at 342 W. Rosemary St. at 6:30 p.m. Friday.

The police report does not list the victim.

The victim was taken to UNC Hospitals following the shooting.

As of Monday night, the victim was listed in stable condition in the hospital, said department spokesman Sgt. Bryan Walker.

“All I can say is that he was shot multiple times and so far as where he was shot, that information is not in the report — or not in the public report anyway,” Walker said.

The shooting occurred at a parking lot near the intersection of Rosemary Street and Mitchell Lane, Walker said.

A suspect fled in a white sedan, Gunter said in the press release sent out Friday evening.

Due to the ongoing investigation, police are not releasing the victim’s name at this time.

But the victim is not a student, according to the release.

“(There’s) nothing (about the circumstances) that I can go into while the investigation is still open, but I can tell you that it was not random,” Walker said.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call 911 or call Crimestoppers at 919-942-7515.