UPDATE at 6:17 p.m.:

Steve Kirschner, spokesman for the UNC basketball team, released the following statement regarding the makeup game:

The University of North Carolina will play host to Duke University on Thursday, February 20th, in a makeup date from tonight’s men’s basketball game that was postponed due to inclement weather, as agreed upon by UNC, Duke and Atlantic Coast Conference officials.

The time of the game and television information has not been determined at this time.

Stay tuned to GoHeels.com regarding ticket policies for the makeup game.

UPDATE at 5:56 p.m.:

Coach Roy Williams told students who were lined up for the game that the makeup date will be discussed tomorrow. The game will still be held in the Smith Center, he said.

Steve Kirschner, spokesman for the UNC basketball team, released the following statement regarding tonight’s game:

Tonight’s men’s basketball game between the University of North Carolina and Duke University has been postponed due to inclement weather.

A makeup date has not been announced at this time. The game will NOT be played tomorrow, February 13th, due to the conditions.

“Duke’s bus is not able to get to their campus to pick up the team in time to be able to make the trip to Chapel Hill so we can’t play this evening.” Says UNC Director of Athletics Bubba Cunningham. “The safety of the teams and officials is the number one priority and this was the best decision to make at this time. Coach Williams, Coach Krzyzewski, (Duke AD) Kevin White and I will be on the phone with the ACC and make a decision as to when to play the game as soon as possible.”

More information to follow as it is available.