Kvetching Board for February 14, 2014

kvetch:
v.1 (Yiddish) to complain

Raise your hand if you feel personally victimized by d00k basketball.

My attractive TA emailed me on the snow day and said “Stay warm ;)” …except there was no winking face. And he sent it to the entire class.

“Let’s go play in the snow” AKA “Let’s go take some selfies and then post them on every form of social media.”

Winston, if it makes you feel any better, your campaign signs made great sleds.

Dear Dook, Hinton James WALKED FROM WILMINGTON 219 years ago! You can’t make it 8 miles down the road?!

Props to everyone in Lenoir who ran to get cookies before they had to evacuate when the fire alarm went off. Keeping your priorities straight #TheCarolinaWay

Dear randomly falling ceiling tile in the UL, I know how you feel. I don’t want to be here either.

There is a blurry line between SBP signs and bicycle ramps.

If I could read all these bad things people are saying about UNC, I would be so pissed.

I’m not sure what’s worse, my professor’s exams or the fact that he kvetches about himself and then celebrates it in class.

I, for one, am sad that McAdoo is no better at making free throws than he is at growing facial hair; he’s only 53 percent successful.

To the people yelling in the pit at 2 a.m. on Tuesday, I hope your night went worst than my biology midterm.

To the people beaming snowballs at me from across the street, I hope you’re not trying out for the baseball team. I’m spotless.

To the meteorologists, congrats! You did it! You actually correctly predicted the weather!

To the drunk guy trying to take a swim in the pool when the Duke “game” was cancelled, I salute you.

To whoever sold me their lower level Duke ticket on Stubhub for $46, I’m sorry, but I’m keeping it.

To my roommate, yes, I was awake, and no, that’s not how it’s supposed to happen.

Dook Wimps – the Pittsburgh GIRLS managed to get to town, the hotel, and Carmichael. You can’t make it 8 miles?? Wah, wah, wah.

To the guy wearing a visor when it was 30 degrees out and snowing, do yourself a favor and invest in a hat.

To the three strangers who helped me and a dozen other stranded travelers push our cars off of Franklin Street, thank you! You are saints and make me love Chapel Hill even more than before!

Send your one-to-two sentence entries to opinion@dailytarheel.com, subject line ‘kvetch.’