Is it sad when the short before a movie is just as funny, if not more, than the film itself? Well, this is the case with “Muppets Most Wanted.”

Kermit the Frog and all the other Muppets are back once again in all of their crazy antics, this time on a world tour. However, during the trip, the devious and most wanted criminal Constantine (Matt Vogel) switches places with Kermit who, minus a mole, is an exact replica. Constantine tries to blame the clueless Muppets for a series of crimes he commits during the tour. It is up to Kermit to escape prison and help his friends evade their disastrous fate.

Ricky Gervais plays the role of Dominic Badguy to the best of his ability. He does it well, but only to the short extent that “Muppets Most Wanted” allows him to go. Tina Fey is decently funny as Nadya, the prison guard, who has an obsession with Kermit. However, the real credit deservedly goes to Steve Whitmire , Eric Jacobson , Bill Barretta and David Goelz for their versatile abilities to voice a slew of the Muppets.

“Muppets Most Wanted” is an enjoyable movie to take the kids to one afternoon. For general audiences, the movie is okay for a few good cheap laughs, but that’s it.

However, the film is a good way to reminisce on one’s childhood and open the eyes of a new generation. The Muppets will always be classic. No matter how good or bad the new show or movie is, the Muppets will never be forgotten.