Letter: ?Barry Jacobs is an excellent candidate

It is an honor and privilege that I write this letter of support for Orange County “At-Large” Commission seat candidate, Barry Jacobs. 

When I think of experience, progressive vision, sustainable growth, economic development and social justice, the first name that comes to mind is Barry Jacobs. 

Much of Barry’s life work has been dedicated to advocating for the residents of Orange County, while emphasizing the need, as well as his desire, to stay connected to the citizenry and knowledgeable of issues in an ever-changing economic, social and political climate.

During his tenure on the Orange County Board of County Commissioners, Barry has served as chair or vice chair while mentoring many of our county’s current and future leaders. 

He continues to advocate for affordable housing, local agriculture, environmental protection, recycling and solid waste, jobs and education. 

Commissioner Jacobs was an integral part in the Orange County Commissioners’ approval of a “Social Justice” goal for Orange County in 2008, the second of only two counties in the nation to do so at that time.

As “Early Voting” begins on April 24, leading up to “Election Day” May 6, I sincerely hope that everyone exercises their right to vote. 

It is my hope that they re-elect “Jacobs for Orange.”

Bryant M. Colson

Hillsborough