Police log for August 25, 2014

• Two Carrboro police officers observed a suspicious vehicle going 47 mph in a 35 mph zone in the 300 block of Weaver Street between 2:32 p.m. and 2:35 p.m. Thursday, according to Carrboro police reports.

The driver initially did not stop but then pulled over, at which point the officer searched his car and found no contraband, the report states.

• Someone broke into and entered a residence at 706 N. Columbia St. at 3:48 a.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person entered the home without using force and went upstairs, the report states.

• Someone reported an injured deer on the 100 block of Old Fayetteville Road at 9:02 p.m. Thursday, according to Carrboro police reports.

The responding officer killed the deer because of the severity of its injuries, the report states.

• Someone stole the tires from a vehicle in Finley Fields at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to Department of Public Safety reports.

• Someone reported a burglary with force at 100 Nolen Lane between 2:55 a.m. and 3:05 a.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The burglar kicked the front door of the residence, the report states.

• Someone trespassed at Granville Towers West at 12:09 a.m. Sunday, according to DPS reports.

• Someone damaged a vehicle at 620 Market St. between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone stole from UNC’s Aycock Building between 7:00 a.m. and 2:58 p.m. Friday, according to DPS reports.

• Someone reported a suspicious person at the 500 block of Jones Ferry Road at 7:35 a.m. Friday, according to Carrboro police reports.

A brief contact with the individual concluded no criminal activity was present, the report states.

• Someone reported a verbal civil dispute at the 500 block of Jones Ferry Road at 11:41 a.m. Friday, according to Carrboro police reports.

• Someone reported a simple affray at the 300 block of South Camellia Street at 9:26 p.m. Thursday, according to Carrboro police reports.

Trespass warnings were given to the parties involved, and the parties were referred to the Magistrate for any further charges, the report states.

• Someone was driving while impaired by alcohol on West Cameron Avenue at 2:46 a.m. Saturday, according to DPS reports.