Police log for August 26, 2014

• Someone reported gunshots at 501 N.C. 54 at 12:51 a.m. Monday, according to Carrboro police reports.

The callers said shots were fired at them, but responding officers contacted others nearby, who said they did not hear any gunshots. The officers advised the person to turn in for the night and get some sleep, reports state.

• Someone committed a misdemeanor larceny at 306 Estes Drive between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Sunday, according to Carrboro police reports.

The person stole a tarp that was covering several motor scooters. It was valued at $20, reports state.

Neighbors said the person’s car had a Pizza Hut delivery sign on top, reports state.

• Someone reported an open door at Carrboro Elementary School at 400 Shelton St. at 4:39 a.m. Monday, according to Carrboro police reports.

There were no signs that anyone had entered the building. The floor appeared to have been cleaned recently, and there were no footprints on the floor, reports state.

• Someone committed willful vandalism in a parking lot at 211 Henderson St. between 2:00 a.m. and 9:24 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

In total, 10 cars in the parking lot were reported as damaged. The total damage was valued at $1,070, reports state.

• Someone stole copper wiring from a construction site at 602 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Sunday at 1:00 p.m., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The wiring was valued at $500, reports state.

Someone reported a forceful break-in at a residence at 110 Mt. Carmel Church Road at 1:26 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

A window on the side porch of the residence was broken, and its screen was removed, reports state. The window was valued at $100, reports state.