Kvetches for Sept. 12, 2014

kvetch:

v.1 (Yiddish) to complain

Do kvetches count as ?publications for my resume?

Being on campus after graduating feels a little like being in a dream in “Inception”: Everyone is staring at me because they know I don’t belong.

To the couple holding hands while walking around the top of Lenoir: Just stop.

Last year, things at Cobb got pretty heated. This year, they’re off to a crap start.

Half of Olde Campus Upper Quad got new A/Cs this summer, except for my building. I guess until they get to my building, I’ll be RUFFIN it.

Hey students — this recent alumna got a seat in the Tar Pit against SDSU because I showed up to the game before kickoff. You should try it some time.

To the two boys on mopeds dancing to my blaring ?music: Can I get a toot toot or a beep beep?

Anyone else recognize the irony of a DJ who calls ?himself “good ratio” ?fighting against sexist admission policies?

As if we weren’t already nostalgic enough, they make seniors walk all the way to Rams Head for a job fair.

To my men’s health ?professor, I think your skinny jeans have a firmer grasp on the material than I do.

It’s like everyone follows “the Carolina Way” until it starts raining, and people just start snatching umbrellas that aren’t theirs.

Overheard in a Murphey stairwell: “I don’t think I could date someone who didn’t know who Lord Byron was.” Way to stay cultured, UNC.

To all the friends gifting ?alcohol for my 21st: Thanks, but where were you on my 20th?

To the freshman who face-planted onto the floor of Davis after tripping over an Ethernet box: Congratulations, you are officially a Tar Heel.

Send your one-to-two ? sentence entries to ?opinion@dailytarheel.com, subject line ‘kvetch.’