Letter: ?Join the Carolina For The Kids Foundation

With about two months until the annual UNC Dance Marathon on March 20 and 21, Carolina for the Kids Foundation is currently recruiting motivators and volunteers to be a part of our annual 24-hour event.

Carolina for the Kids is a year-long fundraising effort, which works to overcome childhood illness by providing major support for the medical, surgical and emotional care of the patients and families served by the N.C. Children’s Hospital. Last year, for the very first time, we raised over half a million dollars, and we could not have done that without the support of our dancers, motivators, volunteers and everyone else who contributed to the cause.

Motivators and volunteers are critical to the Marathon’s success and ensure that dancers are energized and the event runs smoothly while not making the full 24-hour commitment of being a dancer. Motivators stand for six-hour shifts and bring excitement and enthusiasm to the gym, while volunteers work three-hour shifts behind the scenes with our Operations Committee. We really encourage everyone who may have considered dancing or wants to get an inside look at the event to visit uncmarathon.org/motivate to learn more!

Brendan Leonard

Publicity Chair, CFTK

Evan Sherwood,

Executive Director, CFTK