Police log for Jan. 27, 2015

• Someone shoplifted from a Food Lion at 1129 Weaver Dairy Road at 12 a.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person concealed chicken wings in a jacket and left the store, the report states.

• Someone damaged property on the 100 block of North Elliott Road between 12:45 a.m. and 1:10 a.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person punched holes in the door and broke a window by throwing a vacuum cleaner, causing damage to $325 worth of property, the report states.

• Someone reported damage to a vehicle in a parking lot located on the 300 block of East Main Street at 2:21 p.m. Saturday, according to Carrboro police reports.

The car’s side mirror was broken and hanging down from the attachment point, and the fender was dented. The officer advised the person that the damage to her vehicle might have been retaliation in response to her taking up two spots in the otherwise full lot, the report states.

• Someone committed larceny at a residence by entering an unlocked window on the 700 block of North Columbia Street between 12 a.m. and 3 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Items stolen included a television, laptop, game console and guitar, valued at a total of $2,250, the report states.

• Someone reported the theft of a registration plate from a vehicle at 523 Cedar Berry Lane between 4:30 p.m. and 8:54 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.