Police log for Jan. 7, 2015

• Someone damaged property on the 400 block of Bowling Creek Road between 5:45 a.m. and 6 a.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person damaged a sidewalk, valued at $500, a rail, valued at $225, and a cement pot valued at $25, reports state.

• Someone broke into Timber Hollow Apartments at 101 Timber Hollow Ct. between 5 p.m. Saturday and 8 a.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person broke into the apartment complex’s mechanical room, reports state.

• Someone was assaulted on the 100 block of Franklin Street at 12:20 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person was punched in the mouth, reports state.

• Someone shoplifted at the Rite Aid at 1800 E. Franklin St. at 6:10 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person entered the store and stole household goods valued at $10, reports state. The person left after threatening an employee.

• People broke into a residence on the 100 block of Pinegate Circle, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The people broke into the home of a friend, reports state. The people stole clothes and furs, valued at $10, a radio, valued at $200, drugs and narcotics, valued at $200, a video game system, valued at $120, and $900 in cash.

• Someone broke into and remained inside East Chapel Hill High School at 500 Weaver Dairy Road at 1:30 a.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill Police reports.