Here's what we know about the triple homicide in Chapel Hill

Mourners hold candles at a vigil in the Pit for Deah Shaddy Barakat, Yusor Mohammad Abu-Salha and Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha on Wednesday.

THINGS WE KNOW:

1. The names and identities of the victims.

The victims are Deah Shaddy Barakat, 23, of Chapel Hill; Yusor Mohammad Abu-Salha, 21, of Chapel Hill; and Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19, of Raleigh.

According to an Alert Carolina message, Deah Barakat was a second-year student in the UNC School of Dentistry; Yusor Mohammad Abu-Salha was his wife and planned to start studying dentistry at UNC in the fall. The third victim, Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, was Yusor's sister and was a student at N.C. State University.

2. The name of the man charged with the shooting.

Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, of Chapel Hill, has been arraigned on three separate counts of first-degree murder, according to Chapel Hill Police. He is being tried in Durham County Courts and is being held in the Durham County Jail without bond. 

3. The location of the shooting.

The shooting took place in Finley Forest Condominiums, which are near the Friday Center.

THINGS WE DON'T KNOW:

1. The motivation of the crime.

In a press release, police say they believe the shooting could have stemmed from a parking dispute. They said they are investigating the motivation and will look into the possibility of it being a hate crime.

2. If the District Attorney's office will pursue the death penalty.

More in Public Safety