Quickhits for Feb. 26, 2015

Mockumentary

Bradley Bethel just quit his job to make a documentary about how the scandal detailed in the Wainstein report is a media conspiracy. Depressingly enough, he raised $50,000 for his documentary in a fraction of the time it took a Chapel Hill landmark, the Varsity Theater, to raise to same amount to stay open.

#TheresCarol

Carol Folt owned the internet on Tuesday with her sassy use of the #WheresCarol hashtag to let everyone know that she was in California, speaking at a conference on sexual assault prevention. This was a pleasant reminder that off-script Chancellor Folt can be both responsive to student concerns and a lot of fun.

On the other hand...

Even Carol, with her charming ways, couldn’t make us forget the fact that the conditions morning commuters faced Tuesday morning were in no way appropriate for southern drivers. The University totally dropped the ball with respect to looking out for the safety of its students and employees.

Snow-cial media

Sometimes it’s great to reflect on how lucky we are to live in the future. Snow days are no exception. Twitter and Facebook — we’re looking at you, UNC Memes and Overheard — are never funnier than when no one has anything better to do than sit around making memes and trolling for retweets.

Millennials, yo

As we spent Tuesday night trying to figure out where the N.C. State game went wrong, little did we suspect, then, that UNC’s demise started with a selfie-stick promotion before the game. Students blithely wielded the contraptions, taunting the universe, which we all know does not smile upon such behavior.

That's a wrap

Parks and Recreation wrapped up its fun Tuesday night with a poignant season finale. Like Li’l Sebastian, it’s one of those things that only the people who were there all along will truly understand. And as Winnie the Pooh famously said, “How lucky we are to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”