Police Log for Mar. 16, 2015

• Someone broke into and stole from a residence on the 400 block of N. Elliott Road between 11 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person broke in through the back door and stole jewelry, computer software, antiques and other valuables worth a total of $2,900, the report states.

Someone was caught maintaining a dwelling for controlled substances — including marijuana, cocaine and MDMA — and possessing a stolen firearm and a firearm with an altered serial number on the 100 block of BPW Club Road at 6 p.m. Tuesday, according to Carrboro police reports.

The person also distributed narcotics within 1,000 feet of a school, the report states.

• Someone broke into and stole from a residence on the 1000 block of Smith Level Road between 7:30 p.m. Wednesday and 8:26 a.m. Thursday, according to Carrboro police reports.

The person broke in through a window and stole a wooden box containing the ashes of the resident’s deceased pet, the report states.

• Someone reported the unauthorized use of their credit card to purchase pizza on the 600 block of Jones Ferry Road at 2:10 p.m. Wednesday, according to Carrboro police reports.

• Someone committed armed robbery at gunpoint at the Red Roof Inn at 5623 Chapel Hill Blvd. at 7:49 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person stole $220 in cash, the report states.