Police log for Mar. 2, 2015

• Someone accidentally discharged a firearm and caused $100 worth of damage to a bed frame at the Days Inn 1312 Fordham Blvd. at 8:05 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone attempted to steal two shopping carts full of $687 worth of household goods from the Food Lion at 602 Jones Ferry Road at 10:36 a.m. Thursday, according to Carrboro police reports.

The person left the carts behind with their smartphone but fled the scene with one grocery bag containing items estimated to be worth $100, the report states.

Someone trespassed and assaulted a police officer at a residence on the 500 block of South Greensboro Street at 3:39 a.m. Thursday, according to Carrboro police reports.

The person, who was intoxicated, locked the home’s resident out in the snow, sat cross-legged on the carpet, refused to answer officers’ questions and made several statements that made no sense, the report states.

• Someone committed fireworks violations in a parking lot on the 400 block of Davie Road at 10:45 p.m. Thursday, according to Carrboro police reports.

• Someone used an object to break a window at Roots, a restaurant at 161 E. Franklin St., between 12 a.m. and 10:50 a.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The damage to the window was estimated at $250, the report states.

• Someone broke into and entered Craige Residence Hall at 3:15 a.m. Saturday, according to the UNC Department of Public Safety.