Rae Sremmurd contracts released for CUAB spring concert

According to the official contract between CUAB and the artists, Rae Sremmurd requested that the sound system volume be very high during the performance.

“It is essential for the set that the music is loud — at almost dangerous levels,” the contract states.

The contract was released to The Daily Tar Heel on Monday; the contract for Well$ has not yet been released.

CUAB President Gabe Chess said in a previous interview that the budget for the spring concert was between $40,000 and $50,000, which includes both performers’ talent and stage and lighting costs.

The Gloriana and Earl Sweatshirt Homecoming concerts cost CUAB $50,000, including the same technical costs. In 2013, CUAB paid $90,000 for Homecoming headliners Wale and Ace Hood.

Four single king rooms and two double rooms in first-class or five-star hotels with 24-hour room service were requested in Rae Sremmurd’s contract.

CUAB will also provide a Sprinter Van with a manager-approved driver for ground transportation.

Rae Sremmurd also requested specific accommodations for their dressing room at the venue: It must comfortably hold six people with a couch, chairs, a fan, a clothing iron, an ironing board, a rolling clothes rack, a CD player and one full-length mirror.

The dressing room must contain 12 bottles of Fiji Water; 24 assorted orange, pineapple and cranberry juices; 24 chicken wings with ranch dressing; 12 cans of Red Bull; eight new white hand towels; Carmex lip balm; deodorant, brownies; an assorted fruit platter for five people; and new forks, spoons, napkins and plates sufficient for five people.

Due to a University policy that states alcohol cannot be purchased with student funds, the University denied Rae Sremmurd’s request for two bottles of Ace of Spades champagne, two bottles of Moet Chandon champagne, one bottle of Hennessy and one 750 mL bottle of Peach Ciroc.

CUAB also denied Rae Sremmurd’s request for two spicy crunch Doritos tacos from Taco Bell for unknown reasons.

Chess said his goal with these concerts is to provide the best experience possible for students, for as low a cost as possible. At $5 each, 1,800 tickets sold out by 6 p.m. on March 27, approximately four days after their release.

“I think students would also love festivals and bigger and bigger events,” he said.

“I think some of the things that students expect from CUAB are unfortunately not right now things we can afford to do, but I hope CUAB continues to grow.”