Quick hits for May 28, 2015

UNC-Insecure

UNC’s most hated Wi-Fi connection, UNC-Secure, is on its way out, but an update likely won’t fix connectivity issues. The good news? You can still use the Wi-Fi as an excuse to get off FaceTime with your parents. The bad? We’re the first public university in the country, and we can’t guarantee reliable Wi-Fi. Carol, do something, please.

NCAA serendipity

The University alerted the media to news of NCAA’s notice of allegations on the Friday before a long weekend, when it’s nearly impossible to cover because all potential sources are on vacation. It’s as much of a coincidence as literally running into your ex when you’re looking cute. What a wacky coincidence! Life’s a trip!

Bey is flaw free, duh

We already knew Beyonce could dance to anything, but whoever created #BeyonceAlwaysOnBeat should have their own national holiday for creating definitive proof. The series of videos showing Queen Bey dancing perfectly to literally every song made at least one Daily Tar Heel editor late to a meeting this week.

Summer & Saunders

Good on the Board of Trustees for giving us some closure on the Saunders renaming, but why did they have to string us along for so long and then make the decision once all those pesky student activists were staging protests, working at radical nonprofits and updating their blogs away from UNC? We see you, BOT.