Quick hits for June 11, 2015

A cringeworthy name

A restaurant called Crepe Culture will open on Franklin Street on Fourth of July weekend. We’re sure their crepes and coffee are stellar, but they should have asked literally anyone before picking that particular name — and choosing a location next to one of the most fratty business on Franklin Street: Gentlemen’s Corner.

Nooo, Hillary

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign sells a shirt with a photo of her from college overlaid with, “Yaaas, Hillary,” using slang that dates back to “Paris is Burning” and came back via Lady Gaga’s Instagram. They should instead sell a shirt that says, “We are desperately trying to appeal to snake people; please don’t vote for Bernie Sanders.”

Yeezy season

Monday was rapper and noted Gemini Kanye West’s birthday. We’re still celebrating today and every day because we’re all so #blessed to be alive at the same time as an artist/ genius/architect/educator/ innovator/visionary who is the self-described second coming of Steve Jobs, Walt Disney and God Herself. 

So … no album?

Beyonce said she’d be making an announcement on “Good Morning America” on Monday morning, and speculation began that she would announce a pregnancy, album or tour. Instead she took to the show to announce her new vegan diet. Just like all vegans before her, she had to let millions know about her diet.