Quick hits for July 2, 2015

Bye, Bennifer

On Tuesday, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner announced they are divorcing after 10 years of being Hollywood’s most low-key power couple. We’re sad, but the pain is minor compared to the agony of Kanye West’s split with former BFF Jay Z. At least we’ll always have the most dependable celeb couple, Cher and Twitter. 

Baby boomer

Hillary Clinton’s 2009 emails have been released by the Department of State, and they’re shockingly similar to texts with your parents. In one string of emails, she and an intern puzzle through how to work a fax machine. Speaking of which — Mom, just click the little globe on the bottom of your keyboard to get the “picture texts.”

We're No. 1, maybe?

The U.S. Women’s National Soccer team beat Germany and will advance into the finals of the FIFA Women’s World Cup! Though the Women’s World Cup doesn’t attract as much as attention as the men’s, allow us to muse on the women’s accomplishment in the face of their competition: USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA 

Ugh, Iggy

How dare “rapper” Iggy Azalea come for Britney Spears because their collab, “Pretty Girls,” flopped. Azalea posted shady tweets on Twitter, but Spears’ career will continue to flourish — she did survive 2007 after all. Meanwhile, Azalea will continue to be better known for her Twitter than the rhymes that T.I. writes for her.