Judge: Former UNC wrestling coach's son should not have been expelled from UT-Chattanooga for sexual assault

A Tennessee court ruled that Corey Mock, the son of former North Carolina wrestling coach C.D. Mock, should not have been expelled for sexual assault by his university.

The judge ruled the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, which expelled Corey Mock for sexual misconduct in December, held him to an unreachable standard by asking him to prove he'd attained verbal consent instead of asking for proof that he had not. The judge called the decision by the chancellor "arbitrary and capricious."

C.D. Mock started a blog in December that shared his opinions on his son's case as well as the sexual assault policies at universities. 

He was relieved of his duties as UNC's head wrestling coach on June 12. 

"I made the decision that a coaching change was in the best interest of our wrestling program moving forward," said Director of Athletics Bubba Cunningham in a statement released at the time. 

"I appreciate C.D.'s service to the program over the last 15 years and wish him luck in his future endeavors. I believe a new head coach will re-energize the program and return it to the level of success I expect from all of our teams."

Corey Mock wrestled at UNC before transferring to UT-Chattanooga prior to the 2013-14 season. While at UNC, he was arrested and charged with simple affray and resisting arrest in 2012.

To read more about the court's ruling, click here.