Kvetching Board for Sept. 11, 2015

kvetch:

v.1 (Yiddish) to complain

To the librarians who never respond to my library chats, you’re making me feel like a middle-schooler using AIM again.

To my professor who tells us, “Now it’s time to pay attention,” thank you for telling me the exact moment when I should stop browsing Tumblr.

This guy beside me in class whispered to himself, “There will be blood,” after the professor started talking about the Spanish invasion of Mexico.

Hey UNC, why do you have to turn the sprinklers on right as I am walking home with my dinner? You owe me a non-soggy pizza.

Summer, it’s been fun, but you need to go. When I left New Jersey, I only packed my flannels and now have nothing cool to wear.

Why don’t we have more loose-leaf tea shops on campus?

Even abroad people know about the scandals. Hey UNC, get it together — it’s hurting my reputation.

Is it cool for a 21-year-old boy to like Justin Bieber, or do I still have to hide my true feelings?

UNC, why aren’t we being more ambitious in our search for a Jubilee artist? Vote Death Grips.

This is silly, but hey weather, I like my sweaters, and I miss them.

Hey Country Fried Duck people, I appreciate your friendliness, but sometimes I just want to listen to podcasts in peace, not be waved at by strangers.

Why don’t we have a brewery? Appalachian does. Put it in the UL, please.

Who the hell makes a paper due at 8 a.m.?

Insects have been around for about 350 million years, and humans for a mere 130,000 years. Species have come and gone, but bugs have been here forever.

Elon Musk wants to nuke Mars! I know the U.S. has always distrusted places that have labeled themselves as “red,” but this is going too far.

The School of Media and Journalism and The School of Hard Knocks go hand in hand.

Frank Ocean’s new album is still not out. Why has The Daily Tar Heel not thrown the entirety of its resources behind finding out why he is holding out?

Who thought it would be a good idea to put Hopscotch and the Greensboro Folk Festival on the same week?

Freshmen should enjoy this upcoming night game that will take place at 6 p.m. After that, it is nonstop sun, shining for the duration of the game right into your eyes every single home game.

Send your one-to-two 
sentence entries to 
opinion@dailytarheel.com, subject line ‘kvetch.’