Letter: Judges must commit to legal reform

America is a country that we live and work in. It is a country that soldiers have fought and died for. Families have lost sons and daughters, so businesses and the people that work could have liberties, rights and freedoms. Some of those rights are the right to own property and the right to a jury trial. If these rights are taken from one American, it means that all of the soldiers who have been wounded or have died in any conflict will have done so in vain.

The right to own property and the right to a jury trial could be taken from a veteran soldier. This is all happening in legal proceeding. He is asking for a jury trial, that’s on appeal in the U.S. Bankruptcy Appellate Panel of the Ninth Circuit, court case AZ-14-1511 and AZ-14-1514.

We as Americans are controlled in our daily lives by some types of rules or laws. If a person does something wrong, they will be put in front of attorneys and judges. 

If judges and attorneys become corrupt, then we lose our justice. It’s time to ask attorneys and judges to protect the people’s rights to own property and their rights to have a jury trial. There are many more freedoms and rights that should be protected. If these two rights are covered over with false presentation of laws, then the great America that you grew up in will not be the America the children and grandchildren will see or have a part of.

It has become a time in American history that all Americans must stand up and ask attorneys and judges to make a commitment to legal reform. As Americans, we must ask every governmental official to require attorney and judges to make this commitment.

It is time for all of us to make a commitment to save America. The beginning of that commitment is for every person in each state to send all of the attorneys, judges and elected officials an email or letter asking them to make the commitment to legal reform.

Roger Chantel

Kingman, Ariz.