Police log for Sept. 21, 2015

• Someone reported fraud over the telephone at 828 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. at 1:27 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person attempted to obtain money by telling someone their granddaughter was in jail, reports state.

• Someone broke into and entered a residence with no force on the 800 block of Pritchard Avenue Extension between 7 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person stole items, including items such as a laptop, a bookbag and power tools and other items, valued together at $835, from an unsecured residence, reports state. The bookbag was later recovered.

• Someone made a traffic complaint at 828 Lanark Road and Brandon Road at 4:21 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person reported an aggressive driver yelled at a bicycle rider, reports state.

• Someone committed larceny on the 1700 block of Dobbins Drive between 8 a.m. and 8:11 a.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person stole a cell phone, valued at $50, reports state.

• Someone disturbed the peace on the 300 block of Sunset Drive at 9:29 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person was suspicious and looking for their neighbor, reports state.

• Someone committed larceny at Cafe Driade at 1215 E. Franklin St. at 10:04 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person ran out of the business with the tip jar which contained $45 in cash, reports state.

• Someone reported a loud party on the 200 block of East Rosemary Street at 12:41 a.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone drove while impaired on the 1200 block of Raleigh Road at 1:55 a.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone broke in and entered on the 1000 block of Bugle Court between the hours of 1:50 p.m. and 4:05 p.m. Thursday, according to Carrboro police reports.

The person stole a laptop computer, valued at $1,000, reports state.

• Someone committed misdemeanor larceny at the Food Lion at 104 N.C Highway 54 at 12:40 p.m. Friday, according to Carrboro police reports.

The person placed two beers into his briefcase and left the store, reports state.