Police log for Sept. 8, 2015

• Someone committed larceny on the 1800 block of East Franklin Street at 1 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person stole a backpack, containing items valued at $1,240 in total, from a shopping cart, reports state.

• Someone broke into and entered a residence on the 600 block of Morgan Creek Road between 1 p.m. and 7:35 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person kicked open the door, causing $200 in damage, and stole a passport, valued at $100, reports state.

• Someone broke into and entered a residence on the 1000 block of Laurel Hill Road at 6:27 p.m. Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person forcefully pried the door open, causing $300 in damage to the door, and stole $2,032 worth of jewelry from the residence, reports state.

• Someone shoplifted at the Walgreens at 1500 E. Franklin St. at 12:06 a.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person stole beer, valued at $13.99, and a phone card, valued at $10, reports state.

• Someone possessed and concealed alcohol and drug paraphernalia at 230 E. Franklin St. at 12:49 a.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.