Kvetching board for Oct. 30, 2015

kvetch:

v.1 (Yiddish) to complain

If I get one more email about an EPID 600 survey, I might have to submit a kvetch.

Tip: test to see if your headphones work before entering the library. Not everyone thinks Carrie Underwood is good study music.

Why do professors make everything due the week after Halloween? Why you gotta be so rude? I’m gonna procrastinate anyways.

All my best Halloween costume ideas are for couples. Anyone looking for a Pam for their Jim? A Sloane for their Ferris? A Sandy for their Danny? S.O.S.

My favorite part about the beautiful, colorful, ever-changing leaves of fall is when the rain glues them to the ground and turns them into a deathly slip-and-slide.

Knock knock. Who’s there? Definitely not basketball players lip-syncing at Late Night With Roy. Sincerely, Disappointed.

When it is windy outside, the fountain outside Bynum Hall turns into a massive mist machine. I was cold and wet walking to my class in Davie Hall.

So grossed out watching the kid in front of me using his mechanical pencil to pick off his calluses and clean under his fingernails.

Group projects: perfecting the art of passive aggressive sass.

misspellings@unc.edu. What an unfortunate email address for a former Secretary of Education.

If I had known that the basketball team wouldn’t be lip-syncing at LNWR this year, I would have stayed at home.

Science departments seriously wonder why people drop their majors when the average is a “C?” They know we lose our financial aid if our GPA drops below a “C,” right?

I will be sad if e-books ever get around to replacing real books — it will be a dark day.

If I had a nickel for every flag thrown at the UVA game, I could fund Switzer’s scholarship.

To the ‘Pencil Enthusiast,’ get a life, or better yet, lighten up and GET THE LEAD OUT!

Some people be sending in kvetches like they think they’re Daniel Tosh or something. It’s like ... stop, y’all ain’t funny.

It seems like half the student body is coughing and sneezing, at this point going to class is a real-life game of Humans vs. Zombies.

Why do more people not attend lecture series and book readings on this campus? They are seriously great, but people never go and they are always super fun and interesting.

Yes! Enough people voted, so now I can go to bed. Such a good feeling.

Send your one-to-two 
sentence entries to 
opinion@dailytarheel.com, subject line ‘kvetch’