3 UNC men's soccer players selected in MLS draft

Omar Holness

No. 5 overall by Real Salt Lake 

Omar Holness, who anchored the North Carolina men’s soccer team midfield as a junior in 2015, became the highest selected Tar Heel in the draft since 2010, when Zach Lloyd was picked at the No. 5 spot by FC Dallas.  

The Jamaican national team member played three seasons at UNC, where he tallied five goals and 11 assists over the course of his career.  

In 2013, Holness was named to the Soccer America All-Freshman Team selection. 

As a sophomore, he earned First Team All-ACC honors. 

Jordan McCrary

No. 10 overall by the New England Revolution 

After starting 66 of his first 68 games as a Tar Heel, Jordan McCrary tore his ACL and was forced to sit out the entire 2014 season. 

Returning as a redshirt senior in 2015, the right back started all 20 of North Carolina’s games while contributing five assists, several of which came on long throw-ins.  

As a first-year player in 2011, McCrary was named to the ACC All-Freshman Team. 

The lone goal of his college career came in a 4-0 victory over Coastal Carolina during his junior season. 

Jonathan Campbell

No. 12 overall by the Chicago Fire 

Jonathan Campbell, who became a defensive stalwart on the North Carolina back line since his arrival in Chapel Hill in 2012, put together perhaps his best season as a senior in 2015. 

The 6-foot-2 defender earned several awards on the season, including First Team All-America and First Team Scholar All-America honors by the NSCAA. 

He totaled three goals and seven assists in his career while maintaining a 3.92 GPA as a business administration major.