Following a 30-point outburst at Florida State, Marcus Paige — the ACC Preseason Co-Player of the Year — mustered 15 points over the next four games, the lowest four-game output of his career.

And after hitting a 3-pointer in a school-record 41 consecutive games, the North Carolina guard had missed 18 in a row entering Saturday.

Even Lazarus would have marveled at the prospect of Paige resurrecting his shot.

“I’ve never missed that many shots in a row in my life,” he said.

But on Saturday, the senior — sporting a closer cut and a revived confidence — severed his shooting slump, scoring 12 points and sinking three 3-pointers in No. 2 UNC’s 89-62 win over Boston College.

“Sometimes he just can’t hit the bottom of the net,” senior Brice Johnson said. “Some nights he can’t miss.”

Maybe it was the practice.

In the days before facing the Eagles (7-14, 0-8 ACC), Paige took aim at a routine shooting drill. Five minutes to make as many shots possible: three 3-pointers, then a 2-pointer. Three, then a two. Repeat.

The UNC (19-2, 8-0 ACC) coaches expected a score of 55. Paige’s record was 77 — but he wanted more.

First, he scored 81. Then, 81 again. He couldn’t miss.

“He was just staying and putting up extra shots,” guard Joel Berry said. “He always does that, but I think he paid a little more attention to what he was doing.”

Maybe it was the research.

During his four-game stretch of futility, Paige watched clips of every shot he took — first, the makes; then, the misses.

On each miss, he faded away and released too soon, stopping short on his follow-through.

On his first 3-point try on Saturday, the senior stood tall, rose to his apex and let it fly.

The follow-through was perfect — and his subsequent sigh of relief was impossible to hide.

“The place erupted when he hit the first three,” Johnson said. “It’s kind of great just to see him knock down shots.”

Maybe it was the shots that didn’t count.

Early in the first half, with UNC trailing by three, Johnson dove for a loose ball as the shot clock struck zero for the Eagles.

The forward flipped it to Paige, who unleashed an uncontested 3-pointer — with a perfect follow-through, no less.

The shot didn’t count, but the crowd pledged its support, forcing a smile onto Paige’s face.

“I felt great on the first look, so I just decided to get a couple extras up just to test the gun out,” he said, grinning. “Make sure it was working.”

But maybe it was the hair.

Maybe — like Samson before him — the power of Paige’s shot lies in the length of his locks.

“It really has nothing to do with my shooting, honestly ...” Paige said of his new look. “This is the way I’m used to having it. It’s more about making my girlfriend happy that I look good.”

On Saturday, Paige reclaimed the hearts of the UNC faithful, reanimating his legendary shot before 20,208 witnesses.

“They’re trying to lift me up, cheer when I make a shot ...” he said. “They’re just trying to push me through it, and I thank them for that.”

And thus, the legend returns.

@CJacksonCowart