Kvetching Board for April 8, 2016

kvetch:

v.1 (Yiddish) to complain

Yes, Janie Wagstaff, “diversity seems to matter in race, gender and class ... but never in diversity of ideas,” if those ideas are about how diversity in race, gender and class *don’t matter*.

Dear last week’s kvetcher, $8 for two Yuengs and six wings at Linda’s on Thursday and Saturday. Linda’s is definitely the best ... as always.

Please, for the love of god, before you criticize the state or University about the passing of HB2, do some research. If you want to exercise your First Amendment right to be loud and obnoxious, the least you can do is be in-freaking-formed. Understand that the bill affects more than the LGBTQ community, and listen to proponent’s concerns before labeling them as racist or homophobic.

Roy is too classy to say it, but clearly, the fix was in on those refs. Sad ending to a fun year — you gave us a thrilling season, team! Thanks for a great run!!

You would have better luck finding Waldo, a needle in a hay stack and an ex-Nazi in one day than finding parking in Chapel Hill on a Friday.

Hey PayPal, nice move canceling 400 North Carolina jobs over transgender bathrooms. By the way, your Asia HQ is in Singapore, where being gay equals 2 years in jail.

NOVA, a Jesuit University, apparently called upon their 16th man, JC, with 4 seconds on the clock. OUR 16th player? TAR HEEL FAITHFUL! Thank you, guys for the best season EVER!

I knew there was a reason I unliked “The Onion.”

Isn’t it kind of hypocritical to be against public funding and pro-free markets but still attend a public university?

It really hurt watching our team lose the national championship on Monday night, but at least I still had my 8 a.m. STOR 155 exam the next morning to soften the blow.

Overslept class, overslept class registration. Overslept my future.

It is going to be a great day when a future generation of college students study our current meme culture. There will be a meme library with meme archivist and professors.

The business school feels like a place where people use the word synergy unironically. The journalism school is like that too.

The 2016 election is a joke that has been going on for far too long.

Chapel Hill needs more Marxist rags.

Send your one-to-two 
sentence entries to 
opinion@dailytarheel.com, subject line ‘kvetch.’