All Up In Your Business for Sept. 9, 2016

Carrboro hotel will soon break ground

The ground-breaking for the Hilton Garden Inn in Carrboro will take place in the second quarter of 2017.

“Architectural plans are still being completed, so we are not sure about the date,” said Manish Atma, president of Atma Hotel Group, one of the developers of the hotel.

Once construction begins, Atma said the hotel will be completed in 15 to 18 months.The Hilton Garden Inn will have 147 rooms, 12,000 square feet of meeting space, a pool, restaurant and bar.

One of the large draws for the Hilton Inn is its abundance of meeting space, Atma said.

“The hotel will bring outside visitors that would not come without the meeting space,” Atma said.

“It will attract people for large meetings, weddings,conventions, bar mitzvah, et cetera.”

The hotel will be located at 107 Padgette Lane, behind the ArtsCenter, neighboring the Hampton Inn located at 370 E. Main St.

The Hilton Garden Inn is a joint venture between Atma Hotel Group and Main Street Properties, who also developed the Hampton Inn.

Chapel Hill Pilates ribbon-cutting

A new Pilates studio is opening its doors in Carrboro.

Chapel Hill Pilates, located at 103 Lloyd St., is having a ribbon-cutting ceremony today to celebrate the opening of their new location.

For the last two years, owner Lauren McClerkin owned a smaller location in Meadowmont Village, where she taught Pilates privately.

She said she moved to the new location in downtown Carrboro in order to offer classes to more people.

“It is my absolute passion to help people move their bodies,” said McClerkin, who is also one of the instructors at the studio. “Everyone should do Pilates. It is so gratifying to seethe positive impact on people — physically and mentally.”

McClerkin also created an app called 100s to Happiness Challenge to give more insight into Pilates.

“I created the Pilates challenge to help people under-stand what Pilates is,” she said.

The ribbon-cutting for Chapel Hill Pilates will take place at 4:15 p.m. today, followed by a celebration with food and drink to show people the studio. McClerkin said student discounts at the studio are coming soon.

IP3 fundraising for earthquake relief

The owners of Italian Pizzeria III are donating theirproceeds for two weeks to help people in their homecountry of Italy.
Angelo and Vincenzo Marrone, the owners and operators of the restaurant commonly known as IP3, wanted to help their country recover after a 6.2-magnitude earthquake struck central Italy on Aug. 24.
Almost 300 people died in the earthquake.

“I was born and raised in Italy,” said Angelo Marrone. “It is my country. I really want to help these guys out after the earthquake. So, I am happy to do that.”

Starting Tuesday, the Marrones began giving most of their proceeds to the Italian Red Cross. The donation period will continue through next week.

Marrone said many of their customers have alreadygiven extra checks and donations for the Italian RedCross. IP3 is located at 508 W. Franklin St. and has been a mainstay in Chapel Hill for more than 35 years.

Angelo and Vincenzo Marrone have run the business since 1980.The restaurant is known for its fresh pizza dough and the Marrones’ welcoming atmosphere.