View from the Hill: Clinton embraces ice queen persona in comedy skit

“I regret doing this" are not usually words you hear out of a presidential candidate's mouth.

But Hillary Clinton used that exact phrase as she braved an interview with Zach Galifianakis, host of "Between Two Ferns" — a popular satire show known for asking celebrities uncomfortable and unconventional questions. Famous guests in the past have included President Obama, Justin Bieber and Brad Pitt. 

And Galifianakis did not spare Clinton from his witty interrogation techniques.

Clinton, often criticized for being unemotional, used this to her comedic advantage — remaining straight-faced as she verbally sparred with The Hangover star. Watching her, it's hard to imagine that the episode was actually filmed on the day she was diagnosed with pneumonia. 

So rumor dispelled — Hillary Clinton does have a sense of humor. Conspiracy theory started — pneumonia is more scared of Clinton than she is of the disease, just ask The Onion.

"It was a different side of Hillary to see, but I think she handled it well," said UNC junior Lillie Wright.

From discussing menopause to the fashion choices of her rival, the interview was full of memorable moments from the candidate who, as Galifianakis said, could be our “first girl president."

via GIPHY

Between Two Ferns producer Scott Aukerman said in an interview with the New York Times 95 percent of the interview was improvised. . 

So maybe improv isn't exclusive to the basket of deplorables. 

Twitter won’t be letting Clinton forget about the interview anytime soon. Kid Rock, a well known Trump supporter, and a possible Secretary of State option according to Galifianakis, praised the segment despite his political views.

Other users reacted to Clinton's sense of humor differently.

Her appearance on this show, an idea Clinton had herself, broke records. Within 24 hours of being released it had over 30 million views, the highest in Funny or Die history. 

Will we be seeing Trump on "Between Two Ferns" anytime soon? Galifianakis said probably not in an interview with the L.A. Times.

However, fans remain optimistic that Galifianakis will resurface in this presidential election before too long.   

We can only hope, Michael. We can only hope.