I don't know anything about makeup, but I got a Kylie Lip Kit

That excuse came when I received an email from Kylie Cosmetics telling me that there would be one day of free shipping.

My mom told me she would disown me if I paid over $30 dollars for a Kardashian/Jenner product, but without shipping they were $29. Boom.

I ordered my Dolce K lip kit to the laughter of everyone around me and with no knowledge of how to apply liner or matte gloss. I literally have no idea what I’m talking about. I just like to keep up with the trends (and the Kardashians).

The packaging was, as expected, flawless. The smooth black box opened to reveal a thank you note signed by Kylie herself!

Not actually. But it’s a nice idea.

Actually, applying the lip kit was difficult. I didn’t know where to put the liner exactly, but I felt like it was too basic to look up a YouTube tutorial.

In the end, I went a little outside the edge of my lips to give a ~~plumping effect~~. The gloss was easier to apply. It dried pretty quickly, but the packaging recommends only one coat.

Dolce K is a darker nude, so it wasn’t anything I was used to. It was outside my comfort zone, but in a good way. I literally felt like Kylie.

As far as effectiveness, the stuff lasted ALL night. I brushed my teeth, drank various liquids (lol) and it was still there when I got home.

Note: I didn’t have the opportunity to test the Lip Kit’s kissability. No comment. Someone else can write that blog.

As a Kardashian/Jenner super fan who knows little-to-nothing about makeup, I would give the Kylie Lip Kit a 10/10. The packaging, application and wearability were better than expected. But what do I know?

Thanks for reading my first article as a beauty guru! g2g try a Korean face mask!

swerve@dailytarheel.com