Sophomore says she was raped by UNC football player in February

Delaney Robinson (center), with her attorney Denise W. Branch and her father, Stacey Robinson, earlier today at her press conference. 

UPDATE Sept. 14 12:14 p.m.: According to a press release by the Orange County Sheriff's Office, Allen Artis turned himself in today. He was released by the magistrate on a $5000 unsecured bond. He will appear in Orange County District Court on Sept. 15 at 9:00 a.m.

UPDATE 6:38 p.m.: UNC football head coach Larry Fedora has released a statement regarding the misdemeanor charges.

“We are aware of the misdemeanor charges against Allen Artis," he said in the statement. "I cannot comment on either the allegation or the investigative process. We take these matters very seriously and are fully cooperating with the appropriate authorities.”

UPDATE 6:22 p.m.: Allen Artis has been indefinitely suspended from the football team, UNC athletics spokesperson Kevin Best said.

He said University policy is to indefinitely suspend any players charged with misdemeanors.

UPDATE 5:38 p.m.: The Orange County District Attorney's office said their investigation into Delaney Robinson's case is still open.

The Daily Tar Heel's policy is not to name victims of sexual assault unless they publicly identify themselves, as Robinson has. The Daily Tar Heel has not released the name of the alleged perpetrator because no charges have been filed against him.

As of 5 p.m. today, no warrant had been served in this case.

1:12 p.m.: UNC sophomore Delaney Robinson says she was sexually assaulted by a UNC football player in Ram Village in February.

In a press release, Robinson's lawyer — Denise Branch of the Raleigh firm Stuart Law — said UNC's Title IX office and the UNC Department of Public Safety have investigated the case but taken no action.

"Today Robinson requested self-sworn warrants for misdemeanor assault on a female and misdemeanor sexual battery as a result of the Orange County District Attorney's refusal to prosecute this case despite sufficient physical evidence," the press release said.

No warrant has been served yet in this case, the Orange County Clerk of Superior Court's office said. Warrants are not public record until they're served.

The Daily Tar Heel has reached out to the UNC football team, the UNC athletic department and the Orange County District Attorney's office for comment.

This story will be updated.