All Up In Your Business for Oct. 18, 2016

The Root Cellar is a café serving made-from-scratch breakfast and lunch foods.

Root Cellar Cafe will open second restaurant

The Root Cellar Cafe and Catering will be opening a new location in Pittsboro.

The new cafe is set to open in the late summer of 2017 in the new Penguin Place at Chatham Park, and will feature the same core menu while incorporating more seasonal flavors and local ingredients, according to a press release from the Root Cellar. 

Co-owner Susan White said in an email that she is thrilled to be opening a second location. 

“We're excited about the many opportunities to partner with the community in various ways, including working closely with many more farmers in Chatham and surrounding counties,” White said. “One of the things we love about The Root is the way that it continues to bring people together to celebrate friendships, weddings, birthdays, retirements, etc. We hope the Pittsboro location will be embraced in the same way.”

White and co-owner Sera Cuni both currently live in Pittsboro and had been thinking of expanding to Pittsboro for several years. White said they wanted to be part of the growth of the community they love. 

“So far, we've heard a lot of positive buzz, which I think speaks to the demand for more retail and restaurant options in Chatham County and surrounding communities,” White said. “I think people are especially excited to hear that we're an independently-owned business and not part of a fast food chain.”

New app set to launch

WalletFi, a new app that manages reoccurring credit card charges, is set to launch to the public in early January. 

Alain Glanzman, WalletFi CEO and second year MBA student at the Kenan-Flagler Business school, got the idea for the app from his own personal experience of losing credit cards. 

“We live in a subscription economy and basically everything is tied to your credit and debit cards, whether it’s paying your rent or your telephone bill or Spotify or that kind of thing,” Glanzman said. “When you start to add all those subscriptions up, when a credit card is lost or stolen it becomes a real hassle."

Glanzman said the app will help users better organize their credit and debit cards.

"What WalletFi does is identify all these reoccurring charges for you and then help you actually move those over in our app to new card or payment information,” Glanzman said.

The app will have a private beta launch at the end of the month before its official launch, Glanzman said.

Grand opening of MedAccess Urgent Care Friday

The MedAccess Urgent Care will hold its grand opening on Friday, October 21.

The Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce will host a ribbon cutting at 3 p.m. on Friday in celebration of the new facility, according to a MedAccess press release.

MedAccess Urgent Care is locally owned and operated, with a focus on customer service and keeping low costs for the patients and businesses they serve, the press release said.

MedAccess Urgent Care will be located at 1840 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. The Chapel Hill location will join locations in Roxboro and Youngsville, N.C.

@molly_horak