View from the Hill: Ken Bone, the presidential debate's unsung hero

In the waning moments of what has been a challenging election season, many voters have finally found someone they can support this fall — undecided voter Ken Bone.

Bone made his debut during the town-hall style presidential debate on Oct. 9. As voters everywhere cringed over both candidates’ comments, they were wooed by Bone’s red sweater, disposable camera and actual policy-based question.

Bone asked Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton about environmental issues.

"What steps will your energy policy take to meet our energy needs while at the same time remaining environmentally-friendly and minimizing job layoffs?" Bone asked towards the end of the debate.

Bone operates a coal plant in Illinois and told the New York Times he is more undecided than ever after the debate. He said he was disappointed by all the personal attacks made by the candidates during the debate. We are too, Ken.

But what made the internet swoon over Bone was his pure, adorable relatability. Bone told the New York Times he only reverted to the now-famous red sweater after splitting the pants of his olive suit that morning. We’ve all been there.

Bone told CNN that before the debate he only had seven Twitter followers – and two of them were his grandmother. You can follow Bone on twitter @kenbone18, or follow any number of parody accounts for emotional support through the end of this election cycle.

In this tumultuous time in the election, many voters have decided Bone is the hero they need.

Thank you, Ken Bone, for giving us someone to root for, a style icon and a killer Halloween costume that isn’t Harambe or Harley Quinn. #KenBone2016

via GIPHY

@olivinonaprayer