Judge Henry W. Hight Jr. sentenced Chandler Kania to a minimum of 153 months and a maximum of 196 months in prison. 

This would be the equivalent of about 12.75 years minimum and 16.3 years maximum.

After three days of deliberation, a verdict was reached in the Chandler Kania trial Monday afternoon.

The jury found Kania not guilty of second-degree murder, but found him guilty of three counts of involuntary manslaughter and one count of reckless driving.

Authorities say Kania was driving drunk on the wrong side of I-85 when he crashed into another car. The crash killed three people: Darlene McGee, 46, Felecia Harris, 49, and 6-year-old Jahnice Beard.

The former UNC student, now 21, pleaded guilty to three counts of felony death by vehicle and one count each of driving while under the influence, driving with an open container, driving after consumption of alcohol under the age of 21, purchasing alcohol under the age of 21, consuming alcohol under the age of 21 and driving the wrong way on a two-lane highway.

Kania pleaded not guilty to three counts of second-degree murder and one count of reckless driving.

This is a breaking story. Updates to come.