It's hard to say goodbye to Joe Biden

There comes a time in everyone’s life when they wish they could be the star of a meme. 

Whether it's by feeding Money the deer or getting caught crying at a basketball game like Michael Jordan, there's a way to make anyone and anything internet famous overnight. 

Over the past few months presidential duo/BFFs Vice President Joe Biden and POTUS Barack Obama were shown off to the internet as both great leaders and friends. 

As we prepare to say goodbye to them, a special side of these two has blown up all over the internet this past week, filled with hilarious, imaginary conversations we can all totally see happening behind the scenes.

It’s basically the bromance, squad goals and friendship we all aspire to have if we don't already.

Obama is the voice of reason, maturely trying to keep Biden out of trouble.

After last week's election results — and the riots, upsets and excitement that came with it — I think we can all agree this comic relief was much needed.

“I love them, I laugh at every one I see, and I love every single 'Step Brothers' reference,” sophomore Danielle Curtis said. 

After discussing the meme with his friends, first-year Matt Gavin agreed. 

“Oh, those are funny, I love them," Gavin said. "Yeah, they’re funny.”

Whether you're in need of a laugh because you're upset with the outcome...

...or maybe you’re just laughing along with the punny puns (get it, punny? HA)….

...or you just need to relate to the absolutely ridiculous things you plot against your enemies to drive them insane, as well.

These Biden memes are basically the internal feelings all of us have.

I think we can all say this bromance will truly be missed. And if you voted for Trump, Clinton or are just a meme hater, Curtis has some words for you.

“It's just a friggin' meme — don’t get offended!” she said. 

So thanks, Obama and Biden, for being some of the most entertaining people to come into the office, and letting the internet make you into a meme. 

Please don’t forget each other, or us.

@jacquiemel

swerve@dailytarheel.com