Please don't shame me for starting my Christmas celebrations

The ~litmas~ season is upon us.

The ~litmas~ season is upon us.

A message to the holiday haters:

In true elf fashion, many of us are already excited about Christmas, and it is only the beginning of November. Sure, this is frowned upon and we still have Thanksgiving to look forward to, but we just can't help that we bleed red and green as soon as Halloween is over.

via GIPHY

To begin, Christmas jams are so much fun to listen to. Holiday music always seems to put people in a good mood. It's so fun to sing along to the classic songs. Even if you are anti-Christmas until after you have some turkey, you know that you get excited when somebody starts playing Justin Bieber’s Christmas album. I’ve already started my ~litmas~ playlist, and you should, too.

Next, lights. Whether you already have lights hanging up in your room or if you are just now hanging some to be festive, lights are fun and create a nice ambiance for your space. It also gets you excited to see Christmas lights up on houses, trees and anywhere else you can think of.

It’s guilty pleasure time. There are places that are already selling candy canes around here — wild, right? Also, if you don't like the peppermint Hershey kisses, then maybe I don't like you. Those things are amazing. Halloween wasn’t the only time to be bad and eat tons of candy. It’s time to stuff stockings with all your favorite seasonal candy.

via GIPHY

Now, I don’t know if this applies to all of us early-Christmas lovers, but planning out what to get your friends is super exciting. We love giving gifts and spreading joy around, and this is our time to get sentimental or creative for our friends and family. We absolutely love seeing the looks on our loved ones’ faces when they open the present we spent a lot of time working on or thinking about.

Playing secret Santa with your friends is awesome, so you should plan that with a few pals.

Whether you are already hype AF for Dec. 25 or you are only thinking about Thanksgiving right now, you’re in some sort of holiday spirit. Or, maybe you don’t care about either of those and you’re excited for something else. Whatever you're excited for, don't be ashamed of your enthusiasm! I would blast “Christmas in Harlem” anywhere, anytime, even before Thanksgiving, and I am not ashamed. 

Have fun, be yourself and don’t listen to the haters because it’s #litmas time.

via GIPHY

@taygreymay

swerve@dailytarheel.com