View from the Hill: SNL tackles Trump vs. Clinton one final time

This weekend marked the end of an era as "Saturday Night Live" parodied the 2016 election one final time before Tuesday's election. 

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump (Alec Baldwin) and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton (Kate McKinnon) faced off for a final interview with Erin Burnett (Cecily Strong), 72 hours before election day. 

Trump and Clinton both said they were having a great week, with Clinton commenting that her favorite part of the week was when she "lost that big, huge lead (she) had." 

Burnett asked Clinton about her emails, which had resurfaced in the campaign after FBI Director James Comey made a statement in late October that the FBI was investigating newly discovered emails. 

via GIPHY

Trump said Clinton's email scandal is why he uses the "very private, very secure site," Twitter, where no one can read his messages. 

Clinton claimed the FBI is trying to get Trump elected and Trump said he had no idea what the FBI was and then kissed an FBI officer. 

via GIPHY

Clinton took a couple moments to moan in frustration before continuing. 

via GIPHY

She then said the Russian government is responsible for leaking information about her because Trump loves Putin, which Trump denied before kissing Putin. 

via GIPHY

Burnett refused to acknowledge the kiss and went on to ask more questions about Clinton's emails. 

via GIPHY

Clinton then said Donald Trump ruined so much of what America loves, like taco bowls, the word "great" and father-daughter dances. 

Trump responded by claiming Clinton should be in jail, but Baldwin and McKinnon then broke character and apologized for how mean this election has become. 

The pair then ran hand-in-hand throughout New York City, trying to unite the American people through cotton candy, balloons and dance. 

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

The cold open ended with Baldwin and McKinnon joining forces to encourage everyone to vote and to decide "what kind of country we all want to live in." 

Thank you for one heck of an election season, SNL. We couldn't have made it this far without you. 

@kentomcdonald