Quick hits for Dec. 1, 2016

Bye, bye, McCrory

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Hey, bud. We know you practiced real hard. All the times we played catch in the yard should’ve paid off. But even when the pitcher was taking it easy on you (one can only ask for so many recounts), you kept swinging and missing. We just wanted to stop and say we’re so proud of you — it’s too bad we can’t. xoxo

Post-truthism

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

We like to believe the DTH will continue to be a solid, dependable publication in this era of post-truth. As the most post-modern, post-capital, post-mortem desk at the paper, we here on the Opinion page are ready to deliver 100-percent bias-free, organic, grassfed opinions straight from our brains to yours.

Drop the mic

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

UNC-W Prof. Mike Adams has a now-infamous web presence. His tweets cover jokes and hot takes on social justice — “The only commonality between the LGBTQ activist and the Muslim jihadist the lack of emotional stability needed to tolerate free speech.” Typos, racism and homophobia aside … dude’s just not funny.

Breathing time

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

We would like to sincerely thank UNC for giving us a week between Thanksgiving break and finals this year. Last year, the stress that directly followed a blissful handful of days spent with families and food was like a slap to the face. At least this time we get to space out our post-break cramming and crying.

Shorts in December

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Nothing says ‘tis the season like 70-degree weather. Maybe Al Gore was onto something … if only we didn’t have a president-elect who wasn’t threatening to repeal most environmental protections! Unseasonably warm weather is nothing new. A head of the EPA who doesn’t believe in global warming might be.

Carolina Review

There is going to be a special election in 2017, which is great news. The Democrats have another chance to win seats in the General Assembly, but it also means we must suffer through an entire round of political advertisements and debates. 2016: the year that is seemingly never going to come to an end.