Inauguration Week: Hello, President Trump

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump spoke in the Greensboro Coliseum on Tuesday, June 14th.

Well, eight years sure did go by quickly.

Today officially marks the end of Barack Obama’s run as president, with a newly elected figure stepping in:

President Donald J. Trump.

via GIPHY

Barring anything crazily unforeseen and drastic (you never know what could happen in this wild world we live in), the 45th president of the United States will be living in the White House — except on weekends, of course — for at least the next four years, with Americans following his every move while he’s in office.

And it makes sense.

Although “The Donald” passed his first test by beating out Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton for the office of the presidency, he will be tested time and time again, a responsibility all presidents have held.

No longer going by the titles of real estate developer, beauty pageant owner or host of "The Apprentice," he must go by an array of more serious roles: 

Our chief diplomat. Our commander in chief. Our president. 

Our newest president has his hands full with a nation enduring conflicts between entities both foreign and domestic, with deep divides forming among Americans due to the tense times many are experiencing today.

But, this article is NOT delving into the political, social, or opinionative intricacies of a Trump presidency (this is Swerve, after all — that’s not our job).

Instead, let’s take a look back at some of Trump’s best moments.

And for naysayers who say he doesn’t have any, well…

via GIPHY

After meeting with rapper Kanye West back in December…

via GIPHY

… Trump left him a present.

Jimmy Fallon and Donald Trump become one in a sketch titled “Donald Trump Interviews Himself in the Mirror.”

Here’s the time Trump danced and sang to Drake’s “Hotline Bling” on SNL.

via GIPHY

Trump has appeared in a lot of TV shows and movies. But, that’s what TV stars do.

Trump, with help from Miss USA and Miss Universe, participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge back in 2014.

Trump taking part in “Battle of the Billionaires” at WrestleMania. (I know, wrestling is pretty lame. Spell WWE backwards and that’s how I feel too.)

And, for those of you who may not be too fond of the 45th president, here’s when he was decked by “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

@TheMark12

swerve@dailytarheel.com