Kvetching Board for Jan. 27, 2017

kvetch:

v.1 (Yiddish) to complain

All of science is predicated on the idea that life inherently has value. Where is the room for nihilism in science? Riddle me that, Charles Darwin.

Dear gluten free pretzels: Just stop.

Wait, we have to go to school FIVE DAYS this week? #PrayForSnow #NotReady

And now, making an appearance for the first time this semester, that old enemy you love to hate: Mondays.

About one part of the protest/rally on inauguration day: Chanting “F--- Trump!” is hardly “going high.” Do you imagine that folks will listen to your stories when they are accompanied by vulgarities?

Digital syllabi in Word “take up too much space” on your computer? Seriously Quick Hits? On a pie chart of space on your comp this sliver probably wouldn’t be detectable by the naked eye. This is the most ridiculous hyper-millennial complaint I have ever read.

Is there any diplomatic way to suggest that my professor wear a bit more antiperspirant? I don’t want to offend them, but I also don’t want to occupy a confined space with them.

I got a birthday shoutout in the newspaper as a Quick Hit about the inevitability of death. #RIP

My go-to small talk is complaining about the weather, but it’s been too nice to complain about.

When can we get some real winter weather around here? SMH.

Hey did any of y’all know about Michael Jordan being kind of a dick? I didn’t until this week and it was a real bummer to process.

To the teachers of my evening classes: when I nod vigorously during discussions, I’m not agreeing with my classmates’ salient points. I’m trying really hard not to fall asleep.

For my media law class I had to argue the constitutionality of a bill that outlawed mass picketing from obstructing roads. I have obstructed many roads in the past year from protesting. ¯\_(* o *)_/¯

Parties I want to go to always happen when I have to go out of town.

Remember when Kanye supported income equality and said George Bush didn’t care about black people? I miss the old Kanye, the woke Kanye, the not supportive of Pres. Egg Yolk Kanye.

How come we have to go to school during the Lunar New Year?

Send your one-to-two 
sentence entries to 
opinion@dailytarheel.com, subject line ‘kvetch.’