Police log for Jan. 24, 2017

• Someone committed alcohol violations on the 100 block of North Columbia Street at 11:09 a.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person had an open container of alcohol in a public area, reports state. 

• Someone committed larceny at the Walgreens at 108 E. Franklin St. at 11:47 a.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person took a beer, valued at $7.49, without paying, reports state. 

• Someone disturbed the peace on the 100 block of Ashley Forest Road at 2:56 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person was arguing over how long a guest could stay in the apartment, reports state. 

• Someone reported a breaking and entering with force on the 200 block of Bonsail Place at 6:28 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person broke the glass on the exterior door, valued at $1,000, reports state. 

• Someone committed alcohol violations on the 100 block of East Franklin Street at 4:07 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone committed alcohol violations and trespassed on the 100 block of Henderson Street at 6:18 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. 

• Someone reported loud music and a party on Davie Circle at 10:26 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. 

• Someone reported loud music and a party on Davie Circle at 10:57 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.